Thursday, January 30, 2014

Bangkok, Thailand | 5-Day Itinerary

Sawasdee Ka!

The 5-day itinerary I have created here is a summary of the places I have been to while traveling to Bangkok on three different events. Some are must-see, some are forgettable but like any other experience, each of us has our own views so I included them all. Having read numerous travel guides, there are a lot of things to do in the City of Smiles other than what’s written here. Feel free to leave a comment for any Bangkok tourist destination you think is worth visiting. I have also blogged about some of the tours below, so click away for more details.
Bangkok guides we got from the airport which we didn't even use. Yes, these become a part of my souvenir collection. Photo Credit to my travel buddy, +Mc Santos RN
Day 1
Morning to Afternoon- Appreciate Thai Buddhism by visiting some of the city’s famous temples: Temple of the Reclining Buddha, Temple of Dawn, Temple of the Golden Mount, and Temple of the Golden Buddha.
Also known as Wat Traimit, the Temple of the Golden Buddha is world's largest solid gold statue
Night- Watch the Siam Niramit show, a world-class performance of Thailand’s arts and cultural heritage. We booked online for the show and buffet dinner.
Love the festive vibe at the grounds of the Siam Niramit Theatre
Day 2
Morning- Take a tour to the former home of the Thai King, the Grand Palace.

Afternoon- If by chance you’re traveling on a weekend, hunt for bargains in one of the world’s largest outdoor market, Chatuchak Market. If you’re in Bangkok on a weekday, shop instead at Platinum Mall, an air-conditioned mall and home of over 2,000 fashion shops.( I was browsing my 5 albums in search for a picture of Chatuchak and Platinum Mall and I found none. I guess I was just too in a hurry to start my shopping.)
Too many shops, too little time
Photo Credit: Asia Expat Guide
Night- Catch a movie at Terminal 21 mall. I know this is the last thing you wanted to do in a foreign country. But I swear, the movie house is superb! The interior, seats and sound system are better than the theaters in Manila. Also have a dinner at the mall’s food court which offers a wide range of cheap and delicious international cuisines.
Each floor at Terminal 21 mall has a unique design based on famous cities such as Paris, Tokyo and San Francisco
Day 3
Morning to Afternoon- Visit Ayutthaya, Thailand’s former capital and a UNESCO world-heritage site.
Buddha images in meditation phase at the Great Monastery of  Auspicious Victory
Night- Drop by at Khao San Road, also known as “backpackers ghetto”. Have a Thai massage, eat Chicken Rice and shop for souvenirs at low prices.
                              
Day 4
Morning to Afternoon- Take a boat ride at one of the most popular tourist spots, Damnoen Saduak Floating Market. Visit also nearby attractions such as Royal Thai Handicraft Village and Samphran Elephant Ground and Crocodile Zoo.
                           
Night- Go (window) shopping at Siam Paragon, one of Bangkok’s upscale malls.
                   
Day 5
Morning to Afternoon- Watch the elephants paint, feed the giraffes and spend the day with other animals at the Safari World.
          
How talented can elephants be?
Night- Shop for more clothes, electronics and knock off products at MBK Center. Then finally have a beauty rest before going back to Manila.
I bought my sister's pasalubong at MBK for only ฿99,  an  'I love Thailand' shirt!
Photo Credit: Go Thai
There are items yet to be ticked off from my Bangkok travel bucket list, which includes going to Patpong and getting wet at the Songkran Festival. I’ll do these maybe in three years time. For now, I’m hoping to explore more Asian countries such as South Korea and Japan.


Kob Kun Kaa,
Gladys

2 comments:

  1. You have planned a great trip..Actually your Bangkok trip experience reminds me of my two years back Bangkok trip which was really a exciting trip.
    We had gone to many tourist places in 4 days and did lots of shopping.
    Next time while planning our Bangkok trip itinerary we will surely add elephants painting, feeding the giraffes and spending the day with other animals at the Safari World.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pooja! Glad to hear you had a great time during your Bangkok trip. Bangkok is surely a shopping haven. Thanks for dropping by! :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!

Share it to your friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...