Sunday, January 26, 2014

Where I Stayed in Bangkok: Suk 11, Best Comfort Bangkok Hotel, and Tune Hotels

Whenever I travel, the most important factor I look for in a hotel/hostel is its proximity to public transportation. For me, taking the train is the best way to save time and money. Secondly, the establishment should be near malls or restaurants. This is for the sake of my happy tummy especially during breakfast and dinner.

In the three occasions I’ve been to Bangkok, I stayed in different accommodations. Except for Suk 11 which was recommended by my cousin, I turned to Agoda for reviews and bookings for Best Comfort Bangkok Hotel and Tune Hotels. 

What I got: Basic Twin Room (Shared Toilet and Shower) for me and my friend for Php1,040* per night
What I loved about it: Suk 11 has a homey ambience. No wonder it is very popular among backpackers and long-term travelers. They also serve delicious breakfast comprising of bread, fruits and desserts. Their room is spacious too. One of our friends joined us on our third night and the hostel only charged her at a minimum price. We just joined the two beds together so the three of us could fit in. 
What I didn’t quite like about it:  There is only one common toilet and shower per floor with no exhaust fans.
Plus points: Suk 11 is just a 5-minute walk from the BTS Nana Station. There are also a lot of restaurants nearby.
Photo credit to my travel buddy, +Mc Santos RN


Photo credit to my travel buddy, +Mc Santos RN 
What I got: Executive Suite for my family for Php3,110* per night
What I loved about it: The suite has two big rooms, a living room, a kitchen and a bathroom. Our accommodation came with a free half-day city tour. I wasn't aware of this freebie until we checked-in already. It was a bonus!
What I didn’t quite like about it:  The hotel looks a bit old already. I think it needs a renovation to lighten it up, particularly the rooms and hallways.
Plus points: Best Comfort Bangkok Hotel is just a 10-minute walk from the BTS Asoke Station and Terminal 21 Mall.

I totally forgot to take pictures of this hotel! I choose not to refer from the pictures posted on their website since they do not reflect the actual set-up.

What I got: Twin Room for me and my friend for Php1,088* per night
What I loved about it: I loved their uber comfortable bed, blanket and pillows! The room also has essential features such as flat screen TV, hair dryer and wifi. The bathroom is very clean and has a nice rain shower. For the price we paid for, it is really value for money. Next time I’ll go back to Bangkok, I’ll definitely stay in this hotel again.
What I didn’t quite like about it:   Other than not serving free breakfast and hot water for coffee/noodles, I think this hotel is perfect for budget-conscious travelers like me.
Plus points: Tune Hotel is just a 5-minute walk from the BTS Asoke Station and Terminal 21 Mall.




View from our room at around 7 in the morning.
*Please note that room rates may change depending on your booking date.


Till next review,
Gladys

4 comments:

  1. Glads how much yung sa asoke hotel? and do they accommodate walk-in customers? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abel! We paid Php1,088 per night for a basic twin room. Thanks for your comment, I updated my post with the room rates! Haha! I'm not sure if they accept walk-in. I suggest you book ahead of time just to make sure you have a room. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Maggie! do they also have discount coupons for the tourist destinations? Kasi dun sa guesthouse where I stayed in HK, they have discounted tickets for disney, ocean park and others. Same with Korea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephie! Meron sa Best Comfort Bangkok Hotel and Tune Hotels. I'm just not sure for Suk11. Pero sa tours na kinuha ko, I booked from websites like hotels2thailand.com and canarytravelthailand.com. :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!

Share it to your friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...