Friday, February 7, 2014

Sweet Finds| Artisanal Doughnuts and Croughnuts at Scarsdale

I absolutely love doughnuts! I have probably tried every doughnut shop I have stumbled upon in Manila. It is also my favorite pasalubong at home. My mom always tells me that I should cut down on sweets because diabetes runs in our blood, but I never listen. I just think it’s one of the best desserts/snacks or whatever you call it, ever made!

We tried the recently opened Scarsdale when I went yesterday to S&R Shaw Boulevard with my aunt, sister and cousin. From the same company which created Go Nuts Donuts, Scarsdale opened last January 22. Being fan of Go Nuts Donuts for a long time, I expected the same quality from Scarsdale and it didn’t disappoint.
The anatomy of Scarsdale's delicious doughnut
From the exterior, you can already see the cozy ambience of Scarsdale. The shop’s design is very inviting. I find it to be a nice place to hang out with your family and friends, and a cool alternate to coffee shops. 
Brightly lit food counter welcomes the customers

With a food display like this, whose mouth wouldn't water?
Scarsdale's packaging looks so sosyal. If I didn't know about the brand's background, I would have mistakenly identified it as an international import. And if I saw someone carrying its box, I wouldn't care making a second look. They also sell Go Nuts Donuts' spreads which come in flavors of Cookie Butter, Choco Cookie Butter and Choco Hazelnut.

As you go to the shop's second floor, you will have a peek of the staffs preparing the sweet treats.




After taking a tour around the shop, it was time to taste Scardale's artisanal doughnuts and croughnuts! We ordered Milk Chocolate Doughnut, Macha Doughnut and Cookie Butter Croughnut. 

What I liked most about the Cookie Butter Croughnut was the custard filling. It was very creamy and had the right amount of sweetness to it. I also liked the crust because it wasn't too flaky. My sister, on the other hand said that croughnuts should be a little more flaky and crispier. With regards to the cookie butter spread, it lacked the taste I was looking for which was similar to Trader Joe's. 
This is my cousin ready to take a slice!
Cookie Butter Croughnut, Php95
The Milk Chocolate Doughnut was my personal choice. It had a generous amount of chocolate sprinkles on top of the doughnut. But for me, the star of the doughnut, was the dough itself. It was so soft, I could almost feel it melting in my mouth. It had the perfect level of sweetness! Couldn't ask for more. 
Milk Chocolate Doughnut, Php55
My green-tea obsessed sister picked the Macha Doughnut and she loved it! I didn't take a bite since I'm not fond of anything green-tea flavored. 
Macha Doughnut, Php40
Will I go back? Of course! With its price range, I think it's worth it. I'm looking forward to trying their sandwiches and other doughnut flavors. 

Scarsdale Artisanal Delights
S&R Shaw 514 Shaw Boulevard, Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila
Facebook Page


Feeling sweet,
Gladys

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Share it to your friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...