Sunday, May 4, 2014

Build your own pizza at Project Pie Philippines

It has been over a month since I updated my blog- a lot of back entries waiting to be written and photos waiting to be posted. I haven’t had the luxury of time to blog since I started my new work but I promised myself to catch up. Last March, I was given the opportunity to fly to Macau for a training provided by my employer. I can’t wait to share my experience since that was the first time I traveled abroad alone.  

For now, I’ll be sharing my thoughts on a much-raved pizza place which I and my sister tried last month. It has just been surprising that of all my current 16 posts, my one and only food review featuring Scarsdale Doughnuts has been the most read so I decided to write about this one. My other 15 posts are about travels and photos. I think it shows that my readers (well my friends) are more interested in my food trips rather than itineraries. Haha! Don’t worry guys, there are more to come!


When I saw a new pizza restaurant opened last year along Shaw Blvd, I already wanted to try it since then. The name, Project Pie sounds catchy enough to be remembered, plus the exterior looks attractive. I googled it and found out that it is a US brand and the Philippine branch is the first international franchise. Since I’m a pizza lover, I have added Project Pie in my long list of must-try restaurants in the city.

What makes the restaurant unique is that it gives the customer the freedom to create a 9-inch pizza by choosing from 29 toppings. At the start of the line, you will see their menu which includes the pizza toppings and salads. If you don’t want to build your pizza from scratch, you can ‘order by number’ and then add toppings later. No matter what and how many you add, you still pay Php285.

What I love about Project Pie is that the pizza is prepared right in front of us. The pizza dough is first pressed by a machine then we get to choose the sauce and toppings. I must say that the price is already sulit given the very generous toppings. The pizza has the right amount of oiliness I like and the crust is perfectly cooked- not too crunchy, not too chewy. And did I mention mouth-watering?


Raise your hands if you're cheesy :p


Here’s what I got:
I ordered number 2 which has Pepperoni, Italian Sausage, Crumbled Meatballs, Mozzarella, Red sauce and Garlic. I then added Bacon and Caramelized Onions. It’s meat overload and I love it!


Here’s what my sister got:
She started from scratch and chose white sauce as base. I forgot her toppings, nevertheless it was yummy!



We thought we could finish our pizza, but we became too full. We were glad we still have pizza for breakfast the next morning. 

Snapshots of the hip interior of Project Pie





Will I go back at Project Pie? Most definitely! I just wish they also serve pasta and fried chicken like other pizza places. I guess they are currently focused on what they do best- and that is pizza.


Project Pie Philippines
515 Shaw Boulevard, 1552 Mandaluyong
Facebook page: Project Pie Philippines

2 comments:

  1. wow! your pizza looks delicious,, promise to bring me there pagnakadalaw ako jan sa manila!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes abel! yummy talaga! haha! let me know pag andito ka sa manila, food trip tayo :))

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!

Share it to your friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...